Student Affairs Committees and Teams
The Division of Student Affairs supports the idea of shared governance through its philosophy and support of various leadership teams. Staff are encouraged to actively participate in one or more of these smaller workgroups in order to help strengthen collaboration and cooperation. There are several division-wide leadership teams that meet regularly, including the following:
Planning and Assessment Team
Chairperson- Dr. Thomas Lane (ThomasLane@MissouriState.edu)
~Committee Members: Tara Benson, Dave Muegge, Rob Hornberger, Galen Martin, Denise Baumann, Courtney Bewer, Rob Moore, Kelly Rapp, Courtney Brewer and Jared Grimsley.
The Student Affairs Planning and Assessment Team helps to oversee and coordinate assessment activities within departments, committees, and the division. Members serve as consultants for division staff members on assessment planning; coordinate and/or conduct assessments of importance to the campus; and assist in interpreting and sharing results/data with staff and other campus constituents. The Planning and Assessment Team will shepherd the strategic process for Student Affairs and will ensure that we have a comprehensive, on-going assessment plan and departmental review process.
Staff Development Team
Staff Development Team
Chairperson- Terry Weber (TerryWeber@MissouriState.edu)
~Committee Members: Misty Bowen, Abby Brown, Raeleen Ziegler, Rabekah Stewart, Dusty Braddish, Kristina Rosewell and Tony Young.
The Student Affairs Staff Development Team coordinates a comprehensive, ongoing professional development program that encourages staff to be career-long learners, to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to promote student growth, and to advance the initiatives of the division/university. Team members may also assist in planning division-wide events and other division-related development opportunities.
The Spring 2018 schedule:
- What's Your Address?: A Focus on Student Homelessness - February 20, 2018 in PSU 314 A & B from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Facing Burnout: How to Fuel Your Flame - March 27, 2018 in PSU 315 from 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- Sexual Harassment: What is In/Appropriate? - April 16, 2018 in PSU Ballroom East from 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Chairperson- Victoria Rice (VictoriaCRice@MissouriState.edu)
~Committee Members: Priscilla Childress, Tammy Dixon, Todd Euglow, Angie Strider, Ashliegh Lewellen and Lori Pierce.
~Alumni Relations Staff: Lori Fan and Candice Wolf
The Student Affairs Friendraising Team fosters relationships with current and previous students to advance lifelong engagement with MSU. The team will provide a systematic, integrated, and coordinated approach to friend and fundraising efforts across the division. They will suggest programs and services to enhance the image and identity of the Division of Student Affairs and Missouri State. They will cultivate school loyalty and spirit among current students and graduates. They will provide opportunities for friends of the Division of Student Affairs to stay connected from admission to graduation and beyond.
Bridge Building Team
Chairperson- Dr. Denise Baumann (DeniseBaumann@MissouriState.edu)
~Committee Members: Andrea Weber, Alisa Garbisch, Cindi Barnett, Margie Stewart and Nathan Hoff.
The Student Affairs Bridge Building Team will promote relationship building with various academic stakeholders across campus. The team will focus on identifying current collaborations and finding ways to highlight those partnerships and associations that strengthen our work with students. The team may suggest formats for sharing these connections and may advocate for increased relationship building in areas where opportunities exist.
Chairperson- Katrina Chavez (Kchavez@MissouriState.edu)
~Committee Members: Becca Welch, Lauren Easter, Suzanne Ferguson, Rebecca Harbaugh, Sharon Harter, Terrill Harvey, Peggy Jones, Choompoonoot (Moon) Knight, Debbie Letterman, Tyler Loveday, Galen Martin, Travis Schilla, Teri Trickey and Devon Wright.
The Student Affairs Social Team will promote opportunities for social and recreational interaction among Student Affairs staff. The team may coordinate outings and other opportunities for staff to gather outside of the regular work schedule. Additionally, the team will coordinate the annual Holiday Get-together, Cookie Decorating, and Ice Cream Social.
- New Employee Challenge - Date/time/place TBD
- Ice Cream Social - Date/time/place TBD
- Welcome Back Luncheon - September 14, 2017 in PSU Ballroom East, from 11:00am-1:00pm
- Holiday Potluck- December 9, 2017 in the Kentwood Crystal Room, from 11:30am-2:00pm
- Cookie Decorating - February 9, 2018 in PSU Ballroom East from 3:00-4:00pm
Inclusion Awareness Team
Chairperson- Todd Euglow (ToddEuglow@MissouriState.edu)
~Committee Members: Devin Schehrer, Siobhan Byrne, , Will Gibbs, Deidre Ashely, Matt Banks, Joe Morris, Yvania Garcia-Pusateri,Tamarah Dixon, Justin Lozano, Tim Lehmann, Andrea Greer, Shaun Fossett, Jordan Hoskin, Lindsey Bell, and Jennifer Patillo.
The Student Affairs Inclusion Awareness Team works collaboratively to promote and elevate MSU diversity endeavors. A few goals the committee would like to accomplish this year are:
- Serve as an advocate for and promote events/efforts that are organized by DOSA and the university as a whole
- Develop a monthly article for the division newsletter
- Develop committee sponsored events such as book clubs, coffee talks/tough talks (partnering with Diversity and Inclusion), and other professional development opportunities for the staff in our division
- Develop a workshop in partnership with the DOSA professional development committee to demonstrate how departments/clusters within the division can incorporate inclusion and diversity into their everyday practices, mission statements or challenge them to create their own events/initiatives
- Identify avenues within the university to promote our division successes related to diversity and inclusion
Mind the Gap: Perspectives on LGBTQ+ students navigating campus - Wednesday, February 14, 2018 in PSU 315, from 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Ted Talk: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Discussing Race - Monday, March 5, 2018 in PSU 313, from 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Get Your Daily Double on Disability Inclusion - Wednesday, March 28, 2018 in PSU 317, from 1:00pm - 2:00 pm
- Interfaith: It's OK to Talk About - Monday, April 16, 2018 in PSU 313, from 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Inclusive Environments: Effective Tools for Managing Power and Privilege in the Workplace - Tuesday, May 1, 2018 in PSU 313, from 12:00pm - 2:00pm