"Missouri State University's Division of Student Affairs' mission is to support student success, foster student engagement, inspire commitment to public affairs, and instill pride and tradition."
The Division of Student Affairs is committed to supporting the Missouri State University community in its efforts to develop educated people. The Division consists of multiple support services, including departments dedicated to residence life, student conduct, campus recreation, multicultural programs and services, counseling services, student engagement, student health, orientation, the bookstore and career services.
Student Affairs staff members are dedicated to the development of an integrated learning community which celebrates diversity. Staff members will strive to assess the needs of students, parents, and University community members, and will provide the necessary resources to facilitate student involvement and participation. The Division of Student Affairs also operates through its vision and values found below.
Our vision for Missouri State University's Student Affairs is for all divisional members to be champions for student success.
Our five core values provide guidance for how we treat each other and those we serve, help inform decision-making, and represent what we revere as we work to achieve our mission and vision.
- Connectedness — We foster positive interpersonal relationships, collaborate with others, and work together to better serve students.
- Diversity — We strive for an inclusive campus where all are valued and treated with civility and respect. We celebrate the understanding and appreciation of our similarities and differences with a welcoming and embracing attitude.
- Integrity — We approach our work with professionalism and ethical standards, seek to provide quality service, apply best practices, and promote a culture of excellence and accountability for student success.
- Lifelong Learning — We model and inspire a commitment to lifelong learning with the students we serve. We are holistic in our approach with students, interested not only in their academic success, but also their personal development.
- Passion — We believe a vibrant passion for serving students is critical for both student and divisional success.